Your Child’s First Visit
Welcome to Appolonia Dentistry for Children
We are glad to be your choice as partners to take care of your children’s oral health. It is our job to ensure your child’s dental health in a child- friendly environment and a great dental team using the best available dental equipment.
Our priority is to give our children healthy smiles. We are very excited to welcome you and your little ones. So, come along and meet the team of pediatric dentists, our experts in dealing with children by offering them the best treatment.
First Visit by First Birthday
We, at Appolonia Dentistry for Children, as well as The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and The American Dental Association (ADA), recommend that your child see a pediatric dentist when the first tooth appears, or no later than his/her 1st birthday.Baby’s First Checkup!
What do we check for during your child’s first visit?
Knowing what to expect at your child's first dental visit can help eliminate any anxiety about this milestone for both you and your child. This visit will take about 30 minutes, depending on your child's age.
During an initial examination at Appolonia, you can expect to receive:
- A complete examination of your child’s lips, cheeks, tongue, teeth, and gums
- Depending on age, ability to cooperate, and necessity, X-rays may be taken to help us “see” what is happening underneath the teeth.
- Oral hygiene evaluation.
- Our dentist will show you and your child proper home brushing techniques such as flossing and advise you on the appropriate amount of fluoridated toothpaste.
- Full caries risk assessment.
- We also evaluate your child’s growth and development, occlusion (bite), and the spacing of your child’s dentition. The dentist can discuss any oral habits, including thumb/finger sucking and any need for orthodontic referral
- After the visit is complete, the dentist will discuss all findings from the examination and x-rays, and will inform you in details about the treatment plan and cost estimate if additional treatment is needed.
- Our pediatric dentists are experienced in making your child feel comfortable during the child’s first visit and will help ensure you have the necessary tools and information to help keep your child cavity-free.
Here is a story of one initial appointment at Appolonia Dentistry for Children
Playing in the waiting area.
Meeting the dentist in kid-friendly themed design clinic.
Learning about the importance of the teeth health.
Building confidence about sitting in the dental chair.
Learning how to brush the teeth.
Checking teeth, while child watching cartoons on the ceiling.
Discussion about oral health status & treatment plan.
Getting a certificate and gift.