Our dentists will gladly offer a thorough and comprehensive assessment to your child’s dental injury. There are different protocols to be followed whether the injured tooth is a baby tooth or a permanent tooth. An x-ray, maybe needed to take a deeper look at the bone and structures around the teeth. Please do not panic! It is natural for your child to feel afraid, uncomfortable and maybe upset after the accident occurs. We will work together with you and your child to make the emergency management as gentle as possible. We are a phone call away, do not hesitate and act quickly. You can also take a picture with your phone and text it to us, we are glad to answer any question prior to reaching the dental office.
It is very common for kids to hurt their teeth, gums or lips. Injuries to the teeth and mouth can range from minor to severe, the peak is around 3 to 4 years old and again around the age of 9 and 10. Boys were found to be more prone to accidents than girls. Fortunately, our experienced dental team is ready for the challenge.
Types of Dental Trauma
- Loss of a Tooth
- Chipped/Fractured Teeth
- Tissue Injuries
If you chip a tooth, contact our office or stop by as soon as possible.
Fractured or cracked teeth are considered a dental emergency. The trauma that caused the external crack usually indicates trauma within the tooth, as well. If you are experiencing pain or have a large, visible fracture on a tooth, contact us as soon as possible and follow these steps:
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water.
- Use gauze to apply pressure to any site of bleeding for 10 minutes or until the bleeding stops.
- Place a cold compress on any site where facial trauma may have occurred.
- Take an over-the-counter painkiller to reduce pain.
- Seek dental care as soon as possible by contacting Appolonia.
Knocked out permanent tooth
Follow the steps below to manage a lost tooth, and then try to reach Appolonia clinics in less than an hour for better success after:
- Handle the tooth by the top or crown, being careful not to touch or wipe off the root of the tooth. If the tooth is dirty rinse the tooth using water. Do not scrub the tooth! If possible, place the tooth back into its original location. Be sure it’s in the correct direction.
- If you’re unable to place the tooth back into the socket, put it in a milk If milk is not accessible, store the tooth between your cheek and gums.
"If the tooth is baby tooth do not return it back"
If you are experiencing visible swelling associated with a toothache, make an appointment as soon as possible. In the meantime, the following steps may help relieve pain:
- Rinse with warm salt water to dislodge any food debris.
- Clean the area around the tooth with gentle brushing and flossing if the site is not too painful.
- Apply a cold compress on the outside of the cheek.
For soft tissue injuries such as lacerations (cuts), the following steps should be taken to minimize risk of pain or infection.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with warm water.
- With gauze, apply firm, gentle pressure for 15 minutes.
- Apply a cold compress to the outside of the affected area to control bruising and swelling.
- Contact us immediately if bleeding can't be controlled or if you have a large laceration associated with significant dental trauma (loss of a tooth, swelling).
Kid & Teen-Friendly Themed Modern Design
We welcome teens up to 18 years old, where we offer an environment that triggers teens to feel relaxed and comfortable, while they do their treatment.
Also, our fun-filled environment puts children immediately at ease and ensures they look forward to their appointments.
Let your children choose their clinic!
- Astronaut Clinic
- Safari Clinic
- Frozen Clinic
- Airplane Clinic
- Superheroes Clinic
- Formula 1 Clinic
- Musical Clinic
- Aquarium Clinic
Convenient Locations & Extended Hours
With 30 dental clinics, we welcome you to 3 convenient locations near your home or work in Khalifa City,Abu Dhabi City – Khalidiya and Dubai.
We are open 7 days a week for your convenience! From 9 am to 10 pm.
We also offer same-day appointments and walk-in visits.
Complete Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry
Appolonia Dentistry for Children is here to partner with you to ensure your child receives outstanding comprehensive dental care.
We offer all types of orthodontic, endodontic, and pediatric dental treatments, covering everything possible from prevention to the most complicated procedures, such as treatments under general anesthesia.
Fun Learning Activities
We offer two clinics at KidZania UAE, one in Abu Dhabi and the second in Dubai, which shows children how to be pediatric dentists and have fun doing it! Which will decrease their dental fear and anxiety from visiting pediatric dentists.
With our expertise, child-friendly themed design, TVs in our treatment areas, video games, fun learning activities, and relaxing sedation options; we strive to make your family’s visit to the Appolonia clinic enjoyable – every time.
Pediatric Dental Center in UAE
Dental Clinics for Children
Pediatric Dental Experts
New Children Visit Us Annually